Secret TM & Chopra Psychophysiological and Bliss Techniques
First Time Anywhere!
Provided by anonymous TM and Chopra practitioners.
We provide info on the bliss, primordial sound, and nighttime techniques below. If you think your head might explode (medical term) or you might otherwise come to harm by reading this, please read no further. You could, of course, just save this message without reading it until some day in the future when you want to save yourself 700 bucks or more. We absolutely do not recommend that you practice or even try these techniques. We struggle with the idea that we are doing people a disservice by providing information about something which may cause them harm. But we count it more compelling to expose the secrets and give people the dignity of making their own choices.
- 1986, Instructor: Deepak Chopra
- Bliss technique: I was instructed to put my attention briefly on the heart region before beginning regular TM, and then to allow the mantra to resonate there as I meditated. He suggested that I would feel warm flows of "soma" emanating there. During rest afterwards, I was supposed to hold awareness of the entire body -- especially the circulating soma -- in my awareness.
Nighttime Technique: I was taught a "sleep technique" by Chopra in 1985 or 86. It consisted of placing my awareness on my heart area briefly, holding awareness of my entire body in my consciousness, and when I began the mantra allowing it to resonate in my heart area. I was supposed to do this for 5 to 10 minutes just before sleep then during the two minutes of silence continue to feel the body (particularly "soma flows") and allow myself to drift into sleep feeling the body.
I found that it did in fact promote what I used to think of as "witnessing" -- and now am pretty sure was a form of sleep disturbance.
I'm pretty sure that Chopra at least was teaching this technique to some as part of his Maharishi-approved teachings until the end.
He also encouraged me to meditate thus for 5 or 10 minutes whenever I experienced a stressful situation -- or felt I lost my feeling of "bliss." Was instructed in the Old Pacific Palisades facility.
- 1989, Instructor: Deepak Chopra
- Hi everyone. I know the primordial sound meditation, at least one of them. It cost me 700 bucks. Here we go.
The primordial sound was taught to me only after the "psychophysiological technique" otherwise known as the "bliss" technique. This also cost me 700 bucks, by the way, circa 1989. I understand that these techniques were taught to non-TMers but I was a TMer with the following instructions.
Practice TM for 10 minutes, followed by 10 minutes bliss technique, followed by 10 minutes eyes closed rest. The bliss technique is the word "amritam." Think it easily, then forget it, as if practicing sanyama (sidhis technique). Repeat every 15 seconds.
The primordial sound is the same technique with the word "devatup." Practice this for 10 minutes after the 10 minutes with the bliss technique. Do this 40 minute thing around the middle of the day or at any time - it doesn't matter if you have eaten. But in my experience it matters if you want to get anything done afterwards.
When I got these from Deepak, I told him that I don't have time for it. He suggested 5 minutes of each thing rather than 10. I got the point and didn't worry if it was 2 minutes of each thing sometimes. By the way, amritam means something like immortality. I don't know what devatup means except that I got ripped off one more time. Jai Guru Dev - wow, heavy man.
- 1995, Instructor: Deepak Chopra
- Chopra's meditation technique: I was shown an intricate mandala thingie [yantra -- also promoted by the Maharishi's teacher, Guru Dev] and was told to stare at it for 5 or 10 minutes. Then the [Quantum Healing] instructor told me to repeat the mantra "shri hrlange namah" easily and effortlessly for 20 minutes.
Member of the Internet Link Exchange